Planning a destination Montana wedding? Read these 6 tips!
April 16, 2015
HGTV's 6 Fun Facts about Big Sky Country
March 20, 2015
HGTV Magazine recently published an article about 6 fun facts about Big Sky Country. We wanted to share these with our readers who love Montana as much as we do!
1. Montanans may be the country’s happiest citizens. In a 2013 Gallup poll, 77% of the residents rated it the best or one of the best places to live –more than any other state except Alaska (the two states were tied).
2. On average, there are about 7 people, 3 deer, and 1 elk per square mile in Montana.
3. Fort Peck Reservoir, the state’s largest body of water, has more shoreline than the California coast.
4. More than 28,500 farms and ranches (both private and for guests) operate in Montana, including cleverly names properties such as Good Medicine Ranch and Hole in the Wall Ranch.
5. In addition to being known as Big Sky Country, Montana has also been called the stubbed toe state. Legend has it many a hiker has hurt a foot on the rocky terrain.
6. Whoopi Goldberg, Michael Keaton, David Letterman, and Meg Ryan are among the celebrities who have lived in Montana.